Sunday, February 2, 2014

Counter Height Chair/Bar Stool Makeover


While out thrift store shopping my hubby and I came across two counter height/barstools priced at  $10 ea.  While we were looking them over, the attendant places a sign that read, "All Furniture 50% Off".  We grabbed up the two chairs faster than we could blink our eyes.  Two chairs for $10!!  WOW!

This is what I began with.  A little scratched.  (Paint will take care of that.)   A little wobbly. (Hubby can take care of that with a little glue and bracing.)  


After a coat of Zinnser 123 Bulls Eye Primer , two coats of DIY chalk paint (made with Plaster of Paris and latex paint), a glaze to give them an 'aged' look, a painted design found on ( The Graphics Fairy)  website, and a two coats of Minwax Polycrylic sealer,


   



here's the finished product.  




By the way,  the Zinnser 123 Bullseye primer works so well, there is no need for sanding.  What a time saver!   I used paint markers to trace over the design that I placed on the seat of the chairs. I made tracing paper by 'scribbling' the backside of the design with a pencil.  When I flipped over the paper, all I had to do was trace over the design and the graphite from the pencil left a light imprint for me to go over with the paint pen.  Instant tracing paper!   I love the "tuxedo" design and the 'dipped' feet.  Perfect for the beach.  Blessings until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment